Main Forum

Legion Dungeon Event

4 replies
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Hi,
Just a couple of (probably) easy questions:
1) Does our guild do anything for the "Legion Dungeon Event" (which lasts for a week starting on April 17th, 2018)? I saw this on the WoW calendar, but I did not see any signups for this. How does this work with our guild? Do we have any events planned during this week?
2) What is "Glory of the Legion Hero" (I did sign up for this, as Sahlgondar) on April 12th? Is this just a group of special Dungeons, like Halls of Valor? Is this next one just for Assault on the Violet Hold?
Thanks for any responses to this.
Sahl
Posted Apr 8, 18 · OP
Votes:
+230
Admins
Officer
Wanna See My Picture
1) Legion Dungeon Event is a one-week event where you get extra gear, gold, etc., for completing 5 random Legion Dungeons. This works similar to the Timewalking Dungeon Events on the calendar. When Battle for Azeroth comes out, Legion dungeons will be added to the Timewalking section.

We generally don't do an organized event for these. People wanting to run these dungeons generally ask in chat if others want to come along. There is no travel to the dungeon. You queue for them via the dungeon panel and the game automatically takes you to the dungeon. Generally, a group can polish off 3 dungeons in a 2 hour session. If Roar wants to do these when he does 5-mans, that's up to him. We don't sign up for this and people who do them often just queue on their own.

The WOW calendar is packed with events. We don't make plans to do a lot of the events on that calendar because we'd do nothing but Blizzard events. When the officers make the monthly schedule, we take into consideration what is upcoming and if it's something we want to do. We also rely on what guild members tell us they want. If something on the May calendar is attractive, we'd need to know.

2) Glory of the Legion Hero is doing the achievements for each of the Legion dungeons. You go to your achievement tab, click "Dungeons and Raids". In the next tab, click "Legion". In the next tab, click "Legion Dungeons". That brings up a list of achievements. Each achievement tells you what you need to do to obtain it. Once you have obtained all the achievements, you get a mount. We like doing these "hero" achievements for mounts.

On the front of the web site is a poll. Take a look at your Legion dungeon achievements and click which dungeon you still have to finish. This will help Roar plan which dungeons he needs to schedule for the next "Glory of the Legion Hero" event. As for which dungeon is shown in the photo on the calendar, that image is just a placeholder. If Violet Hold is shown, that doesn't mean we'll be doing that one. It's just an image.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Apr 8, 18
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Thanks Gimm, that explains all of this. I also got an in game message from Miz that explained it.
I'll look at the May calendar (as well as generally looking a month ahead) and see if there are any dungeons/events that look interesting to me and I'll contact Roar, if there are.
Sahl
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
Votes:
+230
Admins
Officer
Wanna See My Picture
Also, if you need particular dungeons to finish quests, please let Roar know. We also have a dungeon thread where you can list what your toon(s) need to finish. This helps Roar plan what dungeons need to be run.

Mythic plusses are different, I should add. Dungeon quests, unless they simply involve killing a boss, cannot be completed in plusses. When we have a mythic plus day, you just sign up that you're interested in coming and we form groups to blast through them. They have an added layer of difficulty which changes every week, but the rewards can be very good.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Apr 9, 18
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Yep, I'll do that. Actually, I've already listed my dungeon needs in that Thread and I keep updating it.
I may try a Mythic Plus sometime, once I get my iLvl up a bit.
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
Top Posters
3428 Posts
413 Posts
264 Posts
250 Posts
171 Posts
NoticeNotices