Spectacular Death is always recruiting!
Welcome to Spectacular Death's guild application.
We are THE premier casual raiding guild in WOW. We emphasize the total WOW experience from classic to current content in both Alliance and Horde settings. We are not current content progression minded and only go into current tier raiding when we feel we can be effective in it. This means, if you are looking for cutting edge progression or a guild that raids more current than older content, that's not us. Also, please don't apply if you think you will "help" us move into current tier raiding. That's not who we are and both of us will be miserable.
Guild members are expected to read and to abide by our Code of Conduct, Raid and Bank Rules. Created in 2007, these rules have served us well. Our emphasis is fun; not DKP, damage meters or phat lewts. Guild members are expected to participate in guild life to the best of their ability. If you have a main in another guild and will only show up sporadically, please don't apply. We should be your primary guild. We are a lot of fun and are very casual, but we want people here. It's not fair to your primary guild or to us.
Applying is a 2-step process. 1) application and 2) follow-up questions. Fill out the application below. Please use an email you will check. Within 24 hours, you will receive an acknowledgement of the receipt of your application. Then, give us 3 days to send you follow-up questions. You have 2 weeks, from the time we send the follow-up questions, to respond. If we have not heard anything from you in that time frame, your application will be rejected. Bluntly, we are not tracking you down to see if you got the follow-up questions. If you haven't heard from us in 5 days, please come back here and ask if we are delayed. Life, as you know, gets hectic which will impact turn around times for both you and us.
A warning for people on Arygos. We do accept people with main toons on Arygos. However, you can't link those toons as mains on the web site. (Please don't suggest we move elsewhere. We routinely look at other guild hosting sites and nothing is better than what we have.) Guild members need to return often to this space for information. In order to see the entire site, you need to link a toon as a main. Unfortunately, the web site host does not recognize connected realms. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is out of our hands.
For those from Arygos, you will need to make a toon on Llane and level it to 10. When that is done, apply to the guild with that toon as your main. Once you are accepted as a member, the whole web site becomes available to you. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience, but this is out of our hands.
A final note, guild members are required to install a voice server which is used for guild events. We currently use Discord. We do not require add-ons but recommend you utilize Deadly Boss Mods or an equivalent for raiding or dungeon events.
This is a lot to process. If you've read this far, like, agree with, and understand what you've read, fill out the application below. We appreciate your interest in Spectacular Death and our unique view of the World of Warcraft.
1. Name (What do you want us to call you?)
2. Class & Spec (Smashy, Tanky or Healy)
3. How long have you been playing WOW?
4. Have you raided? If so, what was the last raid you did? (Raiding the fridge does not count.)
5. Is the toon you're interested in bringing into Spectacular Death a main or an alt?
6. If the toon is a main, do you have alts? If the toon is an alt, do you have other alts?
What's an alt?
A handful or less.
More than a handful but less than a battalion.
I...I...may have an alt problem.
7. Were you referred to SD by someone or did you stumble upon us on your own? If you were referred, by whom? If you stumpled us on your own, how did you find us? (Please don't eat those breadcrumbs.)
8. Do you have an authenticator? It is not required for membership in Spectacular Death, but we strongly recommend you get one.
9. Do you have more than 11,521 deaths? Why not?
10. What is the purpose of a rubber duck?
11. Where do missing socks go when they leave the dryer?
12. What is the Konami Code?
13. Should you join a guild which would accept you as a member?
14. Why should we consider you for membership?
I want to be dragged through content.
I'm as casual as they come but I want to raid.
I know someone in SD who sings your praises.
I'm looking for a casual friendly guild to be an active part of.
I want to see everything and go everywhere but be home for dinner.
I had to ask myself, "Why not?"
I make a lovely looking corpse.
15. What is the practical application of "Narf"?
Do not write below this line.
© 2017 Enjin