Soooo Blizzard cancels Titan.
3 hours ago
"We didn't find the fun."
3 hours ago
Another queue to log onto desktop app. lol
3 hours ago
Also another beta update.
2 hours ago
Yah, I was just reading about them cancelling Titan.
2 hours ago
I guess I'm not totally surprised, given the difficulty that even pretty big name MMO have been having lately....it feels like the market for this format has not grown in the way that they had perhaps expected (certainly the market willing to pay much for a game over the long term)
2 hours ago
The thing is, they haven't introduced a fundamentally new IP (world) since.....when did they buy Diablo? Warcraft i, 2, 3, WoW, Hearthstone, a big chunk of their new Brawler all based off the Warcraft IP. SC 1 and 2 and part of the brawler.
2 hours ago
Titan canceled? That's too bad :( I was looking forward to what cool new MMO Blizz could come up with
2 hours ago
Now that it is canceled, I wonder if they will give us some details regarding what it was about.
2 hours ago
I was looking forward to sometihing innovative too.
1 hour ago
g'afternoon peoples.. having a fun chat day? rofl
1 hour ago
afternoon
1 hour ago
I really wish I could say to some of these people, "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
1 hour ago
agreed
1 hour ago
atleast for my part.. people seem to think computers are some kind of magic box that is not allowed to break down, so when it does.. OMG the russians are coming it's wordl war 3.. run fo rhte hills
58 mins ago
meanwhile i'm sittign there calmly wondering "what'd they do to screw it up this time" heh.. picnic..
42 mins ago
It's things like this that make me glad I'm not the boss. I had the chance to take the Area Manager job but I didn't want to deal with this kind of thing. I would have told the guy, to his face, that we were not in a position to help immediately, which is the truth.
41 mins ago
We have a major project starting tomorrow. I have to be in the city by 8 a.m. to inspect the Greyhound bus terminal. I won't be back home until maybe 6. If I am forced to miss SoO, i'm gonna be irritated. I had no say in how long I'm to be out there
40 mins ago
and I told Mike I cannot be on my feet all day. "I will call in 'sick' because I won't be able to move if I am not allowed to rest." He's so focused, sometimes, on the bottom line, he forgets limits.
40 mins ago
uh oh.. that is not a good sounding start to a day out on teh jobsite
39 mins ago
The good thing is that I get lunch on the company tomorrow.
39 mins ago
And it's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous.
38 mins ago
Downtown Chicago is beautiful on these early fall days.
38 mins ago
i've had my bosses put the same stupid stipulation on me before.. ended up staying nearly 12 hours out at a asphalt plant fixing a damn printer cause htey refused to call the printers manufacturer to fix it
34 mins ago
well thats a plus side then eh?
34 mins ago
lunch on teh company? i say a trip to a good steakhouse is in order rofl
32 mins ago
ROFL
32 mins ago
There's a great pizza place near this project. I'm going to hold out for that.
31 mins ago
=)
Type a message...
Welcome to SD Chat

Working...

Main Forum

Miscellaneous WOW videos

3 replies
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
From Insider. It is so worth it to watch the whole thing. I've included the link so you can read the interview.

Tipster unearths treasure chest of classic WoW raiding memories

by Lisa Poisso Feb 23rd 2012 at 1:00PM

Do you ever wonder what you missed by not playing WoW back in the early days? You've seen the classic instances, of course, as you've swatted aside their bosses during mining expeditions for transmogrification gear -- but what were these viragoes like back in the day when conquering them took 40 players at the top of their game hurling themselves against the storm, before modern levels, gear, abilities and game mechanics reduced them to mere echoes of their former fury? Screech "rose-colored glasses!" all you like -- WoW classic and The Burning Crusade were far and away the eras that pinned me most devotedly to my keyboard, smitten by the game. (Others think very differently, as demonstrated below.)

You can't really relive the classic experience today; there's simply been too much water under the bridge. Still, I'd love to be able to give newer players a taste of those old raid instances in a way they just can't get from muscling through the instances today. But if playing through won't do the job, neither will videos from the past. Boss kill and strat videos cast an analytical eye on the proceedings, remaining aloof from the atmosphere and focusing more on the spray of combat text and special effects. On the other end of the spectrum are roleplaying epics that, while entertaining, represent the particular personality and experience of a specific group of players.

If you've got time to burn, though, you might enjoy sinking into these vanilla-era flavor films by Order of Watchers on Ragnaros (EU). WoW Insider reader Karol discovered these old-school gems ("Maybe it just found me in a nostalgic mood, but I think both of them are masterpieces from the old times and worth a mention" -- we agree, Karol, so thanks!), tipping us off to this abstract of one Hungarian guild's march through classic encounters and The Burning Crusade. Somewhere between a guided tour, a roleplaying narrative and guild memory book, these videos attempt to preserve a glimpse of the wonder the guild felt on the path through the earliest endgame content in World of Warcraft.

http://youtu.be/zy74EdKOTSc
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Feb 23, 12 · OP
0  votes
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I stumbled across this video.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Mar 5, 12 · OP
0  votes
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
Found on WOWInsider, August 25, 2012
Posted Aug 25, 12 · OP
0  votes
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I've had this song stuck in my head for some reason so I thought I'd share a video that shows why it was attached to Heigen the Unclean from Naxx.
Posted Jan 10, 13 · OP
0  votes
Top Posters
2230 Posts
334 Posts
244 Posts
151 Posts
150 Posts
Upcoming birthdays
Birthday on Sat 27 Sep, 2014
Birthday on Wed 08 Oct, 2014
Birthday on Thu 09 Oct, 2014