Spectacular Death|Site Info
SD Chat [3]
loading Loading History
21 hours ago
It would be nice to see more townspeople in towns.
21 hours ago
Ironforge has so many buildings that would lend themselves to having people actually in them.
21 hours ago
waahahahaha - Ollivor was here...lalalala
21 hours ago
No way.
21 hours ago
yeah, he was.
21 hours ago
Heading home. See you tonight.
21 hours ago
ok
4 hours ago
How did it go last night? Despite comments here yesterday I was going to pop into Mumble to listen to how it was going....but the Mumble server was actually full! (25 people). I did a count in the roster screen of how many were in SoO and I think I counted 25....so a full raid?
4 hours ago
Anyway, I hope you all downed shamans and general (and with luck even got to beat up boxes!)
4 hours ago
Yeah, we had a full raid and we made it to Thok. He decided we looked like a tasty bedtime snack. lol
4 hours ago
We only had time for one pull on him.
4 hours ago
wow, four bosses in one night--you guys moved along nicely!
3 hours ago
A bit of calculation told me that if I did a full clear on the candy baskets in Kalimdor and Outlands, plus do the dailies friday and Saturday, my mage should be able to buy another Hallow's End pet this year, so I was flying around Kalimdor
3 hours ago
( (might as well level up as much with candy and explore as I can, but will probably still need a dungeon or two to hit 60 so I can learn flying so I can feasibly get the Outland buckets at lvl 60)
3 hours ago
What is this with the applications? yet another one
3 hours ago
And I'm very glad you were able to make it for the new bosses, Corien.
3 hours ago
So was I. Just wish you could have talked. lol
3 hours ago
We didn't really have enough time to fully explain that fight. I, for one, have only done it, maybe, 3 times in LFR. I just didn't do LFR much past Wing 2.
3 hours ago
If pulling thok sideways is going to through off most people, then we can leave him facing out. I have done it both ways.
3 hours ago
Thats not right,,,,,,,throw.
3 hours ago
We'll need to give 20 minutes to the brief. I was a bit confused and I think I retain stuff, so I can't imagine how someone who has only done this, maybe once, must have felt.
3 hours ago
Yeah, it's a weird fight all the way around.
3 hours ago
And wow....Malkorok felt weird too. I have never seen the health bars look so empty, they seemed to loose health even with the shield up.
3 hours ago
We may need Corien to set up one of his dance sessions for thok placement.
3 hours ago
Dance studios still haven't made it into the game :sick:
3 hours ago
lol....but we could do soooo much in them. Take a step to the left. I can't remember the words.......noooooooo.
3 hours ago
Put your left foot in....Take you left foot out...
3 hours ago
Man...I wish we could actually do that.
3 hours ago
Now that one i still can remember!
3 hours ago
A Hokey Pokey line on the bridge out of SW.
Type a message...
Welcome to SD Chat

Working...

Main Forum

Miscellaneous WOW videos

3 replies
2245 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
From Insider. It is so worth it to watch the whole thing. I've included the link so you can read the interview.

Tipster unearths treasure chest of classic WoW raiding memories

by Lisa Poisso Feb 23rd 2012 at 1:00PM

Do you ever wonder what you missed by not playing WoW back in the early days? You've seen the classic instances, of course, as you've swatted aside their bosses during mining expeditions for transmogrification gear -- but what were these viragoes like back in the day when conquering them took 40 players at the top of their game hurling themselves against the storm, before modern levels, gear, abilities and game mechanics reduced them to mere echoes of their former fury? Screech "rose-colored glasses!" all you like -- WoW classic and The Burning Crusade were far and away the eras that pinned me most devotedly to my keyboard, smitten by the game. (Others think very differently, as demonstrated below.)

You can't really relive the classic experience today; there's simply been too much water under the bridge. Still, I'd love to be able to give newer players a taste of those old raid instances in a way they just can't get from muscling through the instances today. But if playing through won't do the job, neither will videos from the past. Boss kill and strat videos cast an analytical eye on the proceedings, remaining aloof from the atmosphere and focusing more on the spray of combat text and special effects. On the other end of the spectrum are roleplaying epics that, while entertaining, represent the particular personality and experience of a specific group of players.

If you've got time to burn, though, you might enjoy sinking into these vanilla-era flavor films by Order of Watchers on Ragnaros (EU). WoW Insider reader Karol discovered these old-school gems ("Maybe it just found me in a nostalgic mood, but I think both of them are masterpieces from the old times and worth a mention" -- we agree, Karol, so thanks!), tipping us off to this abstract of one Hungarian guild's march through classic encounters and The Burning Crusade. Somewhere between a guided tour, a roleplaying narrative and guild memory book, these videos attempt to preserve a glimpse of the wonder the guild felt on the path through the earliest endgame content in World of Warcraft.

http://youtu.be/zy74EdKOTSc
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Feb 23, 12 · OP
0  votes
2245 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I stumbled across this video.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Mar 5, 12 · OP
0  votes
2245 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
Found on WOWInsider, August 25, 2012
Posted Aug 25, 12 · OP
0  votes
2245 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I've had this song stuck in my head for some reason so I thought I'd share a video that shows why it was attached to Heigen the Unclean from Naxx.
Posted Jan 10, 13 · OP
0  votes
Top Posters
2245 Posts
343 Posts
246 Posts
154 Posts
150 Posts
Happy Birthday!
Announcement of