Spectacular Death|Site Info
SD Chat [1]
loading Loading History
16 hours ago
If you had the gear, some of them.
16 hours ago
I could see what I can have Everlind make.
16 hours ago
i did a few quests in hyjal to swap out for cata gear for farming.. i have teh hilt nad was thinking i might try for the quel-delar tongiht for fun before hte pvp event
16 hours ago
I have a 269 (I think) staff in the bank for this girl. Figured I'd use it while farming the correct gear.
16 hours ago
And whatever Parlim can make her. lol
16 hours ago
lol
16 hours ago
is ever a BS?
16 hours ago
A LW and a BS. She was my raider in cata.
16 hours ago
Quel-delar is a fun quest.
16 hours ago
Say, does anyone know how to block someone from calling or texting on an iphone 4?
16 hours ago
And no, it's not me.
16 hours ago
Yah, I've been picking up cata gear for farming too. Had a sweet 308 staff drop in a dungeon last night, but I took flak for needing a 'non-healer staff' (no spirit) so traded it to the 'lock. But seriously, for questing and running dungeons, discipline doesn't need spirit at that level.
16 hours ago
My brother's fiance's daughter is having problems and she can't find a google answer.
16 hours ago
ahh.. well i may be pokin around for a cpl pieces at some point then.. belt & boots i think the list said was crafted
16 hours ago
We don't have a lot of mats left over, either. We had soooooo much donated, but it shouldn't be that hard to get mats.
16 hours ago
wor.. you did lock dots xp before doin that right?
16 hours ago
I have 2 storage guilds......we can shop there before we start farming a lot!
16 hours ago
I can't wait til they stack to 200. I will have space again!
16 hours ago
lol
16 hours ago
yah i suppose some day i should pick up gathering professions but i just can't seem to bring myself to go running around zones to get mats
16 hours ago
lol
16 hours ago
what? is it so horrible to have 2 engineers? roflmao :evil: =)
16 hours ago
Engineers are great......they can never gather all the varied stuff they use, so they help keep the AH going :)
16 hours ago
yah.. now if only we could make a small profit liek 2% or something off the repair bots
16 hours ago
i always carry jeeves, and a stack of the 1 time-use bots form wrath on nic.. i always ned up missing them when i go play one of my alts
16 hours ago
I got the mammoth, so the non-engineers can still sell and repair. lol
16 hours ago
=p
16 hours ago
yah those hsould be included.. always thought it'd make sense to make it so the person who owns the mount/bot gets a small 1 or 2% of the gold the mount/bot takes in
16 hours ago
I'd be OK with that....would have encouraged people to stand on their mamoths (etc) in the early days of Timeless Isle when people were dying so often!
16 hours ago
(and getting filled up bags)
Type a message...
Welcome to SD Chat

Working...

Main Forum

Miscellaneous WOW videos

3 replies
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
From Insider. It is so worth it to watch the whole thing. I've included the link so you can read the interview.

Tipster unearths treasure chest of classic WoW raiding memories

by Lisa Poisso Feb 23rd 2012 at 1:00PM

Do you ever wonder what you missed by not playing WoW back in the early days? You've seen the classic instances, of course, as you've swatted aside their bosses during mining expeditions for transmogrification gear -- but what were these viragoes like back in the day when conquering them took 40 players at the top of their game hurling themselves against the storm, before modern levels, gear, abilities and game mechanics reduced them to mere echoes of their former fury? Screech "rose-colored glasses!" all you like -- WoW classic and The Burning Crusade were far and away the eras that pinned me most devotedly to my keyboard, smitten by the game. (Others think very differently, as demonstrated below.)

You can't really relive the classic experience today; there's simply been too much water under the bridge. Still, I'd love to be able to give newer players a taste of those old raid instances in a way they just can't get from muscling through the instances today. But if playing through won't do the job, neither will videos from the past. Boss kill and strat videos cast an analytical eye on the proceedings, remaining aloof from the atmosphere and focusing more on the spray of combat text and special effects. On the other end of the spectrum are roleplaying epics that, while entertaining, represent the particular personality and experience of a specific group of players.

If you've got time to burn, though, you might enjoy sinking into these vanilla-era flavor films by Order of Watchers on Ragnaros (EU). WoW Insider reader Karol discovered these old-school gems ("Maybe it just found me in a nostalgic mood, but I think both of them are masterpieces from the old times and worth a mention" -- we agree, Karol, so thanks!), tipping us off to this abstract of one Hungarian guild's march through classic encounters and The Burning Crusade. Somewhere between a guided tour, a roleplaying narrative and guild memory book, these videos attempt to preserve a glimpse of the wonder the guild felt on the path through the earliest endgame content in World of Warcraft.

http://youtu.be/zy74EdKOTSc
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Feb 23, 12 · OP
0  votes
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I stumbled across this video.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Mar 5, 12 · OP
0  votes
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
Found on WOWInsider, August 25, 2012
Posted Aug 25, 12 · OP
0  votes
2230 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I've had this song stuck in my head for some reason so I thought I'd share a video that shows why it was attached to Heigen the Unclean from Naxx.
Posted Jan 10, 13 · OP
0  votes
Top Posters
2230 Posts
333 Posts
244 Posts
150 Posts
147 Posts
Upcoming birthdays
Birthday on Sat 27 Sep, 2014
Birthday on Thu 09 Oct, 2014
Birthday on Thu 09 Oct, 2014