64bit DX11 for me
Fri at 17:19
same here
Fri at 17:19
2450x1440 resolution :)
Fri at 17:21
heh, should i link my alienware 18 or should i not.. hrmm decisions decisions
Fri at 17:29
most of the time, I have to admit, I'm sitting in the living room on my lap top, without even a mouse. Key turning and minimal graphics. But when i get to the desktop I don't claim I do much better.....in fact tend to get excited and forget to use the mouse then wonder where the touch pad is when I'm trying to click on something.
Fri at 17:30
But I have fully remapped all keys for my convenience (22 keybound action bar keys beyond 1 to =)
Fri at 17:31
remembering all of them, when I haven't been on a character for a bit, that can be a different story though :(
Fri at 17:32
Alienware-18-2013-1-1024x768.jpg
my family calls it the beast roflmao
(part of why I prefer to heal in PvP, I'm horrible at tactical movement even when I do have the mouse, never have managed to master the jumping around in a circle while casting things bit)
I use keys 1-5 when DPSing. The others I click on. When healing I just use my mouse in combination with CTRL, ALT, SHIFT
wow.
Fri at 17:33
that is serious compression!
Fri at 17:34
I may have everything mapped, but I still need to occasionally look at the action bars to remember that Spirit Link Totem is ‘Y’, or whatever.
Fri at 17:35
I don't think I could run with most of them fully hidden (at least not when jumping around toons a lot)
Fri at 17:35
vuhdo for click healz (shift alt etc as modifiers) 11 keys setup for keybindings + shift = 22
Fri at 17:37
Yep, I use Vuhdo, as well. I used to used Healbot, but it didn't work for Tsanga for some reason. So I installed Vuhdo and learned how to use that. It worked for Tsanga and I liked it better
I hear people really like Cliq + Grid. I've never tried that
me either.. i liek the extra info that vuhdo shows.. grid last i looked jsut took teh basic raid fram and pushed htem all togehter into 1 box
Fri at 17:38
that doesn't sound appealing
I need to figure out how to get Vuhdo to show the shield on Malkorak, though. Right now mine is not
mine shows up as a light blue bar over top of the hp bar
Fri at 17:39
it kind of defaulted to that.. shows up like any absortion shield does
the only thing 'fancy' I do is that I have mouse scroll wheel up and down being an alternate cast on the buttons I always put my 2 most used abilities on.
Hmm...I wonder if I turned that off when I set up my Vuhdo. I'll need to look into it.
Fri at 18:17
I'm out. I will see everyone in game tonight.
Fri at 18:18
bye
Fri at 21:38
oh, LFRs tonight...... hrrrm the only toon I have any progress on the cloak quest on is horde, but I'll see, if I get on in time I may try and join in. In LFR I only die on Horridon and the sparkle dragon, instead of every single boss like I do in flex :p
Type a message...
Welcome to SD Chat

Working...

Main Forum

Miscellaneous WOW videos

3 replies
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
From Insider. It is so worth it to watch the whole thing. I've included the link so you can read the interview.

Tipster unearths treasure chest of classic WoW raiding memories

by Lisa Poisso Feb 23rd 2012 at 1:00PM

Do you ever wonder what you missed by not playing WoW back in the early days? You've seen the classic instances, of course, as you've swatted aside their bosses during mining expeditions for transmogrification gear -- but what were these viragoes like back in the day when conquering them took 40 players at the top of their game hurling themselves against the storm, before modern levels, gear, abilities and game mechanics reduced them to mere echoes of their former fury? Screech "rose-colored glasses!" all you like -- WoW classic and The Burning Crusade were far and away the eras that pinned me most devotedly to my keyboard, smitten by the game. (Others think very differently, as demonstrated below.)

You can't really relive the classic experience today; there's simply been too much water under the bridge. Still, I'd love to be able to give newer players a taste of those old raid instances in a way they just can't get from muscling through the instances today. But if playing through won't do the job, neither will videos from the past. Boss kill and strat videos cast an analytical eye on the proceedings, remaining aloof from the atmosphere and focusing more on the spray of combat text and special effects. On the other end of the spectrum are roleplaying epics that, while entertaining, represent the particular personality and experience of a specific group of players.

If you've got time to burn, though, you might enjoy sinking into these vanilla-era flavor films by Order of Watchers on Ragnaros (EU). WoW Insider reader Karol discovered these old-school gems ("Maybe it just found me in a nostalgic mood, but I think both of them are masterpieces from the old times and worth a mention" -- we agree, Karol, so thanks!), tipping us off to this abstract of one Hungarian guild's march through classic encounters and The Burning Crusade. Somewhere between a guided tour, a roleplaying narrative and guild memory book, these videos attempt to preserve a glimpse of the wonder the guild felt on the path through the earliest endgame content in World of Warcraft.

http://youtu.be/zy74EdKOTSc
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Feb 23, 12 · OP
0  votes
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
I stumbled across this video.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Mar 5, 12 · OP
0  votes
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
Found on WOWInsider, August 25, 2012
Posted Aug 25, 12 · OP
0  votes
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
I've had this song stuck in my head for some reason so I thought I'd share a video that shows why it was attached to Heigen the Unclean from Naxx.
Posted Jan 10, 13 · OP
0  votes
Top Posters
2214 Posts
330 Posts
244 Posts
150 Posts
142 Posts
Happy Birthday!
Announcement of