Spectacular Death|Site Info
SD Chat [2]
loading Loading History
22 hours ago
a) I'm running low on garrison resources, because I'm not bringing any in,
22 hours ago
b) my leatherwork workshop is sitting idle because I ran out of raw leather to feed it, and
22 hours ago
c) I'm getting nervous because my prime follower group is 3 levels above me.....maybe 4 once they return from today's adventures. I noticed they didn't help when the garrison was invaded.....
22 hours ago
....I think they were waiting for me to die, then they could heroically repel the invaders and take over :sick:
21 hours ago
anyway, have other plans for tonight, but hopefully tomorrow.
21 hours ago
Oh, also an old friend who lives far away got in touch that he's coming back to the game, and is looking at putting a toon on our server. May have to find out if he's a fit for the guild or not (I'm not entirely certain....)
10 hours ago
When I had Jorlynn out the other day (she is skinning and LW) I pretty much killed any leather producing animal I can across. I had a ton of scraps, but after putting them together it wasn't a lot. To make the burnished leather you click on the scraps.
9 hours ago
I was wrong.....the scraps make a hide and the hides make the burnished leather!
5 hours ago
Mornin
5 hours ago
good morning
4 hours ago
What's shakin?
4 hours ago
Realms are back up.
4 hours ago
ooooo I should log in and do my follower missions.
4 hours ago
The corgi is adorable, but it acts just like the pug.
4 hours ago
its a pet. I wants it.
4 hours ago
You get it when you log on.
4 hours ago
Is MC available now?
4 hours ago
Should be. They released it earlier than planned last night. I saw the mount this morning before shut down.
4 hours ago
Well, I'll just have to make that last level!
4 hours ago
But I can't tell since I don't have a level 100 yet.
4 hours ago
I want a core hound mount!
4 hours ago
How close are you?
4 hours ago
Yeah me too, but I have 6 levels. lol
4 hours ago
You have until January to get to 100 :sick:
4 hours ago
I know.
4 hours ago
upset at downtime this morning...I couldn't send my minions on missions :(
4 hours ago
Yeah I need 6.5. BUTIWANTSITNOW!
4 hours ago
They needed the rest. Its cold out there ya know.
4 hours ago
I give them warm clothing!
Just now
Anyone played around in Ashran yet? How is it?
Type a message...
Welcome to SD Chat

Working...

Main Forum

Miscellaneous WOW videos

3 replies
2253 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
From Insider. It is so worth it to watch the whole thing. I've included the link so you can read the interview.

Tipster unearths treasure chest of classic WoW raiding memories

by Lisa Poisso Feb 23rd 2012 at 1:00PM

Do you ever wonder what you missed by not playing WoW back in the early days? You've seen the classic instances, of course, as you've swatted aside their bosses during mining expeditions for transmogrification gear -- but what were these viragoes like back in the day when conquering them took 40 players at the top of their game hurling themselves against the storm, before modern levels, gear, abilities and game mechanics reduced them to mere echoes of their former fury? Screech "rose-colored glasses!" all you like -- WoW classic and The Burning Crusade were far and away the eras that pinned me most devotedly to my keyboard, smitten by the game. (Others think very differently, as demonstrated below.)

You can't really relive the classic experience today; there's simply been too much water under the bridge. Still, I'd love to be able to give newer players a taste of those old raid instances in a way they just can't get from muscling through the instances today. But if playing through won't do the job, neither will videos from the past. Boss kill and strat videos cast an analytical eye on the proceedings, remaining aloof from the atmosphere and focusing more on the spray of combat text and special effects. On the other end of the spectrum are roleplaying epics that, while entertaining, represent the particular personality and experience of a specific group of players.

If you've got time to burn, though, you might enjoy sinking into these vanilla-era flavor films by Order of Watchers on Ragnaros (EU). WoW Insider reader Karol discovered these old-school gems ("Maybe it just found me in a nostalgic mood, but I think both of them are masterpieces from the old times and worth a mention" -- we agree, Karol, so thanks!), tipping us off to this abstract of one Hungarian guild's march through classic encounters and The Burning Crusade. Somewhere between a guided tour, a roleplaying narrative and guild memory book, these videos attempt to preserve a glimpse of the wonder the guild felt on the path through the earliest endgame content in World of Warcraft.

http://youtu.be/zy74EdKOTSc
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Feb 23, 12 · OP
0  votes
2253 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I stumbled across this video.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Mar 5, 12 · OP
0  votes
2253 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
Found on WOWInsider, August 25, 2012
Posted Aug 25, 12 · OP
0  votes
2253 posts
+71 votes
Admins
Officer
I've had this song stuck in my head for some reason so I thought I'd share a video that shows why it was attached to Heigen the Unclean from Naxx.
Posted Jan 10, 13 · OP
0  votes
Top Posters
2253 Posts
343 Posts
247 Posts
161 Posts
150 Posts
Upcoming birthdays
Birthday on Sat 22 Nov, 2014
Birthday on Mon 24 Nov, 2014
Birthday on Wed 26 Nov, 2014