Spectacular Death|Site Info
SD Chat [5]
loading Loading History
5 hours ago
Will we go back and try heroic? Oh absolutely.
5 hours ago
There are mounts to be obtained.
5 hours ago
But, we're going to outgear the encounter before we're in there.
5 hours ago
aye but it'll sitll be totally fun to do
5 hours ago
for instnace i've never killed heroic ragnaros
5 hours ago
Oh yeah.
5 hours ago
or even seen it
5 hours ago
I was underwhelmed by him.
5 hours ago
but owuld love to just once to see him get up and walk around lol
5 hours ago
He still calls us insects.
5 hours ago
the legs kill me
5 hours ago
lol
5 hours ago
But we'll take you there.
5 hours ago
yah but it's one of those experince things.. gotta see it atleast once rofl
5 hours ago
ooooh mistweaver title
5 hours ago
mistwalker*
5 hours ago
Somewhere some designer is sitting at his desk looking at all these old content bosses and thinking, "What if we made Lady Vash more of a salamander than a naga? Let's give her LEGS!"
5 hours ago
Can I smack him? Please?
5 hours ago
go right ahead
5 hours ago
Yes, there are achievements from Firelands we don't have.
5 hours ago
all i know is they already gave us a base model to go off of from the well of eternity instance.. i certainly hope they don't stray from it to much and say "oh but you know, shes a naga now" pfft.. lame excuse is lame
5 hours ago
Yeah.
5 hours ago
But that's how I feel when Raggy steps out of the lava in Heroic. Somewhere, some designer thought legs on him would be a good idea.
5 hours ago
yah probably not
5 hours ago
If they were going to give him legs, there should have been a mechanic where he chases someone. He just stands there.
5 hours ago
really? i thought he started walking around?
5 hours ago
hrmm must read the strat wrong or something
5 hours ago
He does walk, but even at level, he's not the problem. All the other stuff he does is what will kill you.
5 hours ago
His adds are deadly. We still die to them.
5 hours ago
fun
Type a message...
Welcome to SD Chat

Working...

Main Forum

Miscellaneous WOW videos

3 replies
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
From Insider. It is so worth it to watch the whole thing. I've included the link so you can read the interview.

Tipster unearths treasure chest of classic WoW raiding memories

by Lisa Poisso Feb 23rd 2012 at 1:00PM

Do you ever wonder what you missed by not playing WoW back in the early days? You've seen the classic instances, of course, as you've swatted aside their bosses during mining expeditions for transmogrification gear -- but what were these viragoes like back in the day when conquering them took 40 players at the top of their game hurling themselves against the storm, before modern levels, gear, abilities and game mechanics reduced them to mere echoes of their former fury? Screech "rose-colored glasses!" all you like -- WoW classic and The Burning Crusade were far and away the eras that pinned me most devotedly to my keyboard, smitten by the game. (Others think very differently, as demonstrated below.)

You can't really relive the classic experience today; there's simply been too much water under the bridge. Still, I'd love to be able to give newer players a taste of those old raid instances in a way they just can't get from muscling through the instances today. But if playing through won't do the job, neither will videos from the past. Boss kill and strat videos cast an analytical eye on the proceedings, remaining aloof from the atmosphere and focusing more on the spray of combat text and special effects. On the other end of the spectrum are roleplaying epics that, while entertaining, represent the particular personality and experience of a specific group of players.

If you've got time to burn, though, you might enjoy sinking into these vanilla-era flavor films by Order of Watchers on Ragnaros (EU). WoW Insider reader Karol discovered these old-school gems ("Maybe it just found me in a nostalgic mood, but I think both of them are masterpieces from the old times and worth a mention" -- we agree, Karol, so thanks!), tipping us off to this abstract of one Hungarian guild's march through classic encounters and The Burning Crusade. Somewhere between a guided tour, a roleplaying narrative and guild memory book, these videos attempt to preserve a glimpse of the wonder the guild felt on the path through the earliest endgame content in World of Warcraft.

http://youtu.be/zy74EdKOTSc
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Feb 23, 12 · OP
0  votes
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
I stumbled across this video.
What is there that makes life worth living?...Cats. Cats are nice. -- Death in "Sourcery" by Terry Pratchett
Posted Mar 5, 12 · OP
0  votes
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
Found on WOWInsider, August 25, 2012
Posted Aug 25, 12 · OP
0  votes
2214 posts
+70 votes
Admins
Officer
I've had this song stuck in my head for some reason so I thought I'd share a video that shows why it was attached to Heigen the Unclean from Naxx.
Posted Jan 10, 13 · OP
0  votes
Top Posters
2214 Posts
329 Posts
244 Posts
150 Posts
141 Posts
Upcoming birthdays
Birthday on Sat 30 Aug, 2014
Birthday on Fri 05 Sep, 2014
Birthday on Sun 07 Sep, 2014